"The Republican Party leadership in its latest act of self-immolation appointed, Michael Steele, a radical Black racist as the leader of the Party," - David Duke.
I personally don't care who the party leader is. I don't care the gender, or the race. I care about winning elections.
I'm not sure if the Republicans picked him as some statement of racial equality; an attempt to reach out to black voters. That, of course, is not going to work. Obama received, what, 98% of the black vote, and they're not suddenly going to switch sides when Obama completes his term.
Ultimately, and I'm hoping it's true, that Republicans will go back to bat shit crazy land of Sarah Palin style Republicanism. They simply can't moderate their tone. That would seem a watered down version of the Democrats. No, they have to be completely different.
Despite the fact that George Bush was their president, and fucked up nearly everything, I suspect this will be their platform.
Lower taxes, with the largest tax reduction going to the wealthy.
Islamaterraistas must die.. Iran! Iran! Iran!
Teh Gay is bad
Liberals are anti-American
End all social programs
No federal spending for anything but the military
I think if you combine the Jesus Party of America with a black leader, it's going to alienate a large number of racist Republicans... and there are a lot of them. The Republican party only has any relevance in the south after all.
I don't see how they can recover. If the Democrats take all the sensible policy views, there's no way for the Republicans to contrast themselves other than flogging Jesus.
No comments:
Post a Comment