Wednesday, July 13, 2011

He Scores!

This I did not expect;

Former Cowboys Hall of Fame wide receiver Michael Irvin is again creating ripples around the NFL landscape, this time for speaking out in favor of equality for the homosexual community.

Irvin appears on the cover of this month's issue of Out magazine, and says in an article that his views on the subject were shaped by the love and admiration he had for his older brother Vaughn, who was gay.

An admitted womanizer during his playing career, Irvin acknowledges that his persona may have been shaped by a fear of himself being gay, or being perceived as gay, because of his brother, who died of stomach cancer in 2006.

"I'm certainly not making excuses for my bad decisions," Irvin told Out. "But I had to dive inside of me to find out why am I making these decisions, and that came up."

Irvin says he would support an NFL player or any athlete in the four major sports who chooses to come out of the closet during their career, and that the Cowboys dynasty of the 1990s would have accepted a gay teammate.

"Hopefully, as we move forward, we'll get to a place where there's no way it's even considered; it just is what it is and everybody can do what they do," Irvin said. "That's the ultimate goal."

And naturally.. the comments are the best part.

27yardline wrote:
thank you Michael , you just gave cowboy haters new material for decades to come to make fun on the team .
And for your infromation , you stupid dillhole , if theres something that gay activists hate with a passion , is FOOTBALL. Anyway , thanks to another closet gayman (Roger Goodell), this game is lot pancier now...Irvin is dead to me

I know I shouldn't be surprised how bluntly stupid most people are.. but I do relish the thought that they're having miserable lives.

Problem, of course, is that most of them are too stupid to realize they should be miserable.

....

I remember when Lawrence Taylor went on an anti-gay rant years ago. He's a registered sex offender now.

No comments: