Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Good News Everyone




... and I checked out of the market last week, and have a big ass check needing to be deposited.

I'll get back in when it looks like it's bottomed out. What I should do is try and anticipate when the "deal is struck" headline appears, and buy just before that. It's a narrow window... but we all know that the Republicans won't let the nation default. It would negatively impact the wealthy, so that cannot be allowed.

More likely I'll just keep the cash for a while and see how things go. The next big wager is the Presidential election. Conventional wisdom says that a Republican win would boost stock prices substantially, but I don't think that meme works with Obama. Obama has been very good for corporations, and so I don't think there would be a bounce either way.

No comments: