Thursday, February 05, 2009

Dazed and Confused

Sully points to some jackass who wrote;

Phelps’ biggest crime here wasn’t snarfling the bong (or “dope pipe,” as it was called by the News of the World, the crack team of global do-gooders who broke this earth-shattering story). It was reinforcing every negative stereotype about college-age stoner dorks ever perpetrated on the square world. The flipped-back baseball cap alone is worth more hard time than any hit of South Carolina chronic.

Getting baked out of my mind 20 years ago has nothing to do with the way I am now.. except maybe to the extent that I know most people are up-tight assholes.

Since the dawn on mankind, we've been finding ways to get fucked up. There's not a god damn thing wrong with it, as long as it's kept in perspective and not an alternative to actually making a life for ones self.

Some people have addictive traits, and it's probably not good for them to do any sort of altering chemicals at all. It's the responsibility of the individual to realize this.

It is not societies responsibility to tell you what to do with your own body. That should be a guiding principle, because the most sacred thing is you.

(side note: I'm not sure I used the correct form of society there. Alternatives don't seem right, and I'm too lazy to look it up.)

Was Phelps shooting heroin? No.. he was smoking a plant..

.. and who the fuck cares how he was dressed? Our society is so fucking inane.. fixated on trivial things.

The kid is one of the greatest athletes who ever lived. That's who Michael Phillips is.. and he ought to give the middle finger to all those assholes.

Leave Michael Phelps alone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*society's
:)

Tom said...

That's what I started with and for some reason it didn't look right..