Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Islam is Bad, M'Kay?

The news and politics business seems to center around "controversial stories" of the day.. or week.. however long they last. Lately, it's all about the islamic mosque near "ground zero". As an aside, "ground zero" is a terrible term, but whatever.

Once that story fizzles, there will need to be another that takes it's place. It's weird but I don't think we can go more than a week without some story gripping the nation.. or some shit.

I'll try and remind myself that if we're ever in a period of time, let's say a week, where there is no dominating issue, I'll point that out.

I haven't said much about whether I think building a mosque near the site of the downed towers is a good idea, or a bad idea. Lot's and lots of politicians and media people have been opining though, and it's pretty universal that any bagging on islam is the safe bet.

Some jackass from the Bush administration said this;

Non-Muslims are barred from entering the cities of Mecca and Medina — not merely barred from building synagogues or churches, but barred, period, because their infidel feet are deemed unfit to touch the ground. This is not an al-Qaeda principle. Nor is it an “Islamist” principle. It is Islam, pure and simple.

... as if to say that because islamic nations are assholes, we should be assholes back. His argument is stupid.

Do I think building the mosque near the WTC is a good idea? No, but not because of the location.. but because I think islam is an evil religion. I don't think building a christian church near the site is a good idea either, because I think christianity is evil.

I think building anything to do with religious cults anywhere on the planet is a bad idea, regardless where it is. So, yes, I oppose the building of the mosque near the WTC site.

No comments: