Friday, August 06, 2010

Choose Your Side

Greenwald has a sobbering essay on the deterioration of the US empire.

I've probably made this point way too often - but this mess is by design. I don't get the point, but there is class warfare underway. There's only two tools used to fight it. One is possessed by the rich, and that's wealth (thus power). The other is possessed by the poor, and that's violence.

The question remains to be answered; are the people pulling the strings being careful not to stomp on the poor and middle class so hard that people actually start rioting?

And of course.. make sure you "get yours". I have a feeling that in a deflationary economy, we'll want to have cash. I'm still waiting for my mutuals to break even so I can get the cash, but if things get much worse I might just take a loss. I can't imagine what it would be like to be just starting out and have no money saved up yet.

One last thing to keep in mind...

No comments: