Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Asshat Quote of the Day

"I hear these people saying he’s like George Bush. Those people ought to be drug tested. I mean, it's crazy. They will be satisfied when we have Canadian healthcare and we’ve eliminated the Pentagon. That’s not reality. They wouldn’t be satisfied if Dennis Kucinich was president." - Obama press secretary, Robert Gibbs

Actually.. I would be satisfied if Dennis Kucinich was president. I once did one of those tests where you tick off your views on various political issues, and it then compared your answers to the positions of various political figures and tells you who your closest match is. Mine was Kucinich. I have very little disagreement with him.

What's odd is that the Obama administration is attacking the core Liberal activists.. the very same people who contributed money, organized, and basically bought the "hope and change" bullshit. It's a weird strategy, but it's only going to intensify the animus from us lefties and alienate the few that are left who think that regardless of how bad Obama is doing, we should support him because the alternatives are worse.

I expect Obama is going to try and do the "centrist" thing and appeal to some mythical "middle America" thing as a way have the broadest appeal. They think we're just a fringe ideological group with no power and limited numbers. They might be right.. I have no idea.

Thing is.. I'm hoping that we can finally get all the media people to really turn on them, and create a narrative that Obama is just a terrible president that doesn't deserve any support from even "middle America".

As I've said.. if we're going to have shitty policy from a bad president, I'd rather elect some Republican that could be even worse. Politics in America is a joke, so it would be better to have something to really laugh at, and Sarah Palin would be perfect in that role. I will do whatever I can (like I did with Obama) to help her get elected.

Fuck Barack Obama and fuck Robert Gibbs. Douchebags.

No comments: