Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just Plain Stupid

The tea baggers are an incoherent bunch. It's really all about a very broad world-view.. mostly fueled by religious nutbaggery. They just know that "liburals are bad.. m'kay", and so they stage protests of things they don't understand.

…in follow-up interviews, Tea Party supporters said they did not want to cut Medicare or Social Security — the biggest domestic programs, suggesting instead a focus on “waste.”

Some defended being on Social Security while fighting big government by saying that since they had paid into the system, they deserved the benefits.

Others could not explain the contradiction.

“That’s a conundrum, isn’t it?” asked Jodine White, 62, of Rocklin, Calif. “I don’t know what to say. Maybe I don’t want smaller government. I guess I want smaller government and my Social Security.” She added, “I didn’t look at it from the perspective of losing things I need. I think I’ve changed my mind.”

When you consider the vast majority of them are anti-intellectual socially backward conservative types.. they simply dislike what they perceive as condescension from the rest of us.

Yes.. we think they're stupid as fuck.. so I do get why they're pissed off.

....

My teevee just told me that Sarah Palin gets up to 100 grand to give a speech. That's great. It's like rewarding stupid.

What perplexes me is that somebody would actually part with cash in order to hear what she has to say. If they just want to hear something monumentally stupid, they could go to church. If they want to see somebody they want to fuck, they could go to a strip club.

The only way the next presidential election will be interesting is if Palin runs. It would be so awesome.

No comments: