Wednesday, February 04, 2009

It Makes Me Crazy




Bernie Sanders is on my teevee, going ape shit, telling me that the prime factor in the economic downturn is the "housing crisis". He says that he is working with Barack Obama to create a substantial effort to keep everyone in their homes.

I find it bizarre beyond words.

I will stop paying my mortgage and apply for government help.


What the fuck makes anybody think that people who BORROWED fucking money to buy a house get some kind of Socialist aid to keep something they can't pay for?

A house is not a fucking right! It's a privilege that you get for making money to pay for the fucking thing.

I feel bad for people that get foreclosed on (sorta), but that's why Gorak made apartments.

I just don't understand the whole proposition. The way to address the economic problem is very large scale government spending on infrastructure and manufacturing. The housing market must settle on it's own. Re-inflating the same bubble that contributed to this problem will only delay yet another implosion when people can't afford their mortgages and the over-priced houses crash in value.

/adding

I suppose I could take consolation that the Fed can't actually do anything right, because they're all a bunch of idiots.

Big giant Federal spending.. no fucking tax breaks because they don't do shit.. and fuck the housing markets.. let it settle on its own.

That's how you fix the fucking economy.

No comments: