
Looking at the image, what I've re-engineered is one of the small dots.. but you'd have to add another 10,000 or so dots around it. It's a "black box". What that means in software development is that some particular functionality gets input, and does some logic on it, and gives back a result. To the outside systems, it doesn't matter how the black box functions - just that it's called correctly.
I did it in my style, rather than the original cryptic math-geek style of the existing software. Anybody looking at it could see right away the parts that I wrote. It's easier to read.. more linear.. and better documented.
Soo.. testing my black box, the output is as expected, so it should be impossible for the integration with other systems to fail... unless they are calling it incorrectly.
I'm not liking this new project I'm on that much. I used to work on the Surgery software, and that was interesting. It was more related to user interfaces and such. What I'm doing now is pure data manipulation. It's more extreme in complexity, but not as cool.
Back to my life of leisure..
No comments:
Post a Comment