Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Teh Stupid

It burns..

Douglas V. Gibbs said...
Idiot. Of course March was slow. It is historically slow in the industry. I said that construction is up now (which is May - perhaps you are too stupid to recognize the month on the calendar).
He wrote the original post in.. April.

I swear.. you can't make this up. "Too stupid" indeed, to even know when he posted his claim.

And guess what.. the fed has the data for April 2008. And.. Doug's right!!! It's "up".

(housing units in thousands)

March 2008 - 954
April 2008 - 1,032

An increase of 78 (thousand)

But.. oh wait.. what is this..

February 2008 - 1,107
January 2008 - 1,064

Oh dear.. 1 year ago..

April 2007 - 1,487

Dear dear.. 2 years ago..

April 2006 - 1,821

April 2005 - 2,061

Should I go on? Nah. And there are the statistics contradicting the "what I'm seeing" number that Doug pulled out of his ass... a small statistical fluctuation at best.

Eventually, Doug's going to be right. New housing starts will substantially increase as the market adjusts at some point (it isn't right now)... and then he can go on and on about how he was right all along.. except.. he wasn't.

The broken clock analogy you know.

1 comment:

Douglas V. Gibbs said...

it was posted the last day of april and I was also talking about the upcoming schedule - - - you are just looking to disagree - you can't stand that you are wrong on this. And remember, I am in the industry, you are not, and you are supposed to be the bigger expert? Asinine. By the way, I noticed someone who lives in my same town visiting my site from yours at a time I was not home, so remember when you said I was your most frequent visitor? Apparently not, there must be a libtard living near me that visits your site too - - - but there you went again, jumping to conclusions and assuming as you always do. . .