Saturday, April 05, 2008

Idiot

Douglas V. Gibbs said...
comment I just left on Jennifer's site: Jennifer, be very careful with Tom. For example, he has you convinced I said poor people are lazy, and I never-ever said anything of the sort. I did say that it is possible to get out of poverty with hard work and doing whatever it takes. He then used my words, interpreted it to say I think poor people are lazy and that's why they are still poor - - - I grew up very poor in North Long Beach. My dad worked three jobs to keep us afloat...as for not having "balls" about him commenting on my site, it is because of this kind of disruptive junk that I do not want on my blog - however, in the spirit of being fair, I will pick apart his posts and allow him to comment about my responses to him on a new site I just created. . .
Uh.. let me see if I have this correct.

You posted a note on MY blog, telling me that you're creating a completely new blog that you'll be "fair" and allow me to comment.. instead of.. you know.. your blog that people might actually read.

Dude.. you're just fucking insane. I doubt I'll even go read it.. except maybe as more fodder to quote and highlight here. The more you write, the deeper you dig yourself in a hole.

As for my "convincing" Jennifer that you're an asshole.. for fucks sake, you don't even know how to quit while you're behind. Now you're telling her that she can't read EXACTLY WHAT YOU WROTE and decide for herself the sort of insults you were throwing around?

Jennifer posted this a couple days ago...

Did you realize that you had "convinced" me, that he was a coward? And I thought I had come up with that all on my own, damn! LOL Regardless of what he might think, I have a brain and I know how to use it!

And shame on you for trying to use other bloggers against him! I guess he just missed the point that I was offended by what he said.
[...]
I found a lot of what Doug wrote quite disturbing and it definitely made me take a closer look at his line of thinking. How much we differ on things.
And here you are telling her that she's easily manipulated by my wily liberal guile.

I mean.. sometimes I think you can't be any dumber, and then you post something on my blog and it just makes my day...

Sooo.. what did you say that was so offensive Doug? What is it you wrote that I completely and easily changed your meaning?

For example, Church organizations and charities are wonderful ways to assist the poor and show our Christian love for our neighbors, but it is not Biblical for people to be forced to provide for the poor through taxation, nor to provide so many government sponsored entitlements that the poor ceases to work towards earning their way out of poverty, instead becoming dependent upon governmental assistance.
And I correctly boiled that down to "poor people getting assistance from the government will have no incentive to get off that assistance and instead will just be lazy drains on society."

I'd also point out that you never offer any specifics about which entitlements you'd do away with.. and you've used exactly those types of "fuck the poor" type comments in a myriad of other posts. That wasn't the first time you've bashed people who are making use of government services - services, I'd point out, that are there to help people.. just like Jennifer.

I suppose it's possible that you totally didn't intend to write what you did about entitlements.. but that would simply turn you from being an asshole to being one of the dumbest individuals I've ever known.. but honestly.. I think it's both. In one simple comment, you both insulted Jennifer's reasoning ability and slighted her for not "doing whatever it takes" to avoid disability.

So you grew up poor? I don't give a shit. So your dad worked 3 jobs.. That's not the point, and you're too stupid to understand it. Jennifer has a medical condition that is debilitating. She CAN'T WORK 3 JOBS you stupid fuck.. but her husband sure as hell can.. right? God damn him for not working 3 jobs so they don't need the disability income.

.. and that's the whole point that you continue to miss. Just as Jennifer has real reasons for being on disability.. other people have their own personal reasons for being in the situation they find themselves. Doug, you have a natural disdain and suspicion of anyone who might need help, as if they brought it on themselves.. and all they need to do is work 3 jobs and everything will be fine.

And once again.. this highlights the difference between liberal and conservative ideology. Thanks for stopping by Doug. It's always a pleasure to read your comments and point of view. The Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy owes you a debt of gratitude.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any news on RightWingGuy, or is he still fighting in afghanistan/Iraq?

LBM

Douglas V. Gibbs said...

Nice, you really are an ass. Your sweeping generalizations, and assumptions that when I say entitlement programs that must mean any and every little program is ridiculous. Listen, Tom, and listen carefully. I grew up poor, I know what it is like to live in poverty. I was discharged from the Navy with a disability. I have disabilities that should have (and was supposed to have) killed me by the age of thirty. The fact that I am still alive is a damn miracle. I spent time in a wheel chair, and now walk to the doctor's surprise. The fact that I am not a Shiavo style vegetable amazes the doctors. I don't talk about my disabilities because I do not want anybody to feel pity toward me. I guess I am an over-achiever. All I am saying is that I know from experience that anyone can be successful to some degree - individual responsibility and accomplishment is important to me in that sense. Are there exceptions to that? Of course there are, you dumb ass. There are always exceptions, but you obviously don't take that into consideration when you read my posts and make sweeping generalizations that I don't believe that there are exceptions - but society is not, and should not, have its direction dictated by exceptions. But see, you jump to conclusions over what people say so quickly that an explanation is never good enough or quick enough for you. But. . . I will address all of this in detail on the new blog soon, and I will be sure to let you know when I do so that you can draw idiotic assumptions off of it too. Do not, and I repeat, do not assume that I am saying things that I do not say - and I really don't have to answer to you, it is not my obligation to answer to your petty attacks, but because I do carry a spirit of debate, and I even care about trying to get through your thick skull, I will debate, respond, and address the issues you feebly comment on. Besides, like you, I don't like it when people spread lies about me, or claim I am saying something that I am not just because they think that is what I meant by what I wrote. In other words, I don't like liars like you, and I feel compelled to articulate the truth.

Tom said...

I see.. so it's okay that Jennifer is on disability.. but.. it's not okay if somebody else is? Or.. disability is a good government program.. but what.. food stamps aren't?

It's like you're blaiming me because you're a brilliantly shitty writer and are completely unable to articulate a point.

Naturally.. your mega-paragraph will make yet more excellent example.

Thanks for stopping by, again, and commenting on my blog, again.. I know what you mean by "compelled" - and of course you're more than welcome to do that here if you want. Speak your mind..

And irony goes on and on and on...