Monday, May 23, 2005

Weekend Update

Grease turned out to be just so-so. The guy that played Danny was pretty good, and some of the other actors were okay, but I wasn't knocked about by any of their voices. I have no idea how that actress got the role of Sandy. She was not very pretty and her voice was annoying - and no she wasn't the under-study. I suspect her father is -very- wealthy or something.

But.. dinner before the show was very good, as it always is at this particular restaurant. I had 2 of these $9 martini's.. mmmm..... Thanks John for making lots of dough and footing the bill for 4 people at ridiculously high prices.

I also watched a movie called National Treasure. The reviews weren't that great, but I did enjoy it. It's worth watching. I found a lot of the American history cited in it quite fascinating. I've never been to New England, but I think I have a renewed interest in seeing a lot of the historical locations.

It did have a number of those silly plot devices that we all know and love, and a number of times I found myself blurting out the plot twist before it happened. It was predictable. Still - it's fun. I must be really annoying to watch movies with because I comment too much on the film itself while watching it.

Just the description of how they take care of the Declaration of Independence was really fun. I think I may read a book on Colonial America, and the American Revolution. My knowledge in that area is pretty pathetic. If anyone has a suggestion, drop it in the comments.

Being the hyper-liberal, I couldn't let it go by without mentioning that if the "founders" were alive today, they'd be appalled at the current government, and the apathetic behavior of American's in general.

Finally.. please remember.. if you post a comment as "anonymous" please drop your first name or something in the text so I have an idea who you are.

1 comment:

John Ensminger said...

Yes, luxury dining at Jasper's in Plano is a wonderful experience, and worth every penny! I'm glad you liked your $9 martinis! I loved my Cherry Lime Aide dessert (key lime pie with a graham craker crust, topped with cherry sause)....yum!

Yes, I guess when you have experienced some of the best shows on Broadway in New York......local productions pale in comparison. Maybe more trips to New York are in order! Or I am game for some trips to New England too!