Thursday, May 26, 2005

Quote of the Day

All religions produce fanatics at the same rate. It is a constant. - Juan Cole
Everytime I read Juan Cole, I'm reminded of how terrible a writer I am - he's that good. Still, I suspect I could write a computer program better then him, so I shouldn't feel so badly.

The post that I linked to is worth reading, as it is the point that most Americans miss. It is why I rail on and on about ALL religions... It's why I think they ALL need to be flushed down the toilet.

The greatest strife and violence the world over, by far, is caused by ignorance and religion. Period. End of fucking story.

So I don't know why everyone holds religion up in such high regard when it's literally killing us?

Cole's point is a valid one, and I'm tired of hearing American's saying the most crazy things because of their reaction to what is reported in the news. The vast majority of Muslims are not crazy jihadists, intent on killing American's. The vast majority of American's are not crazy theocrats.

The problem is that the crazy people are asserting themselves and gaining influence. They are what cause wars, death, and destruction.

No comments: